Interphase Unleashes AdvancedTCA and AdvancedMC Product PortfolioNew ATCA Carrier Blade and 11 AdvancedMCs Deliver Solutions for Telecom OEMs Serving TDM and Packet-Based Networks
PLANO, Texas – May 31, 2006 -- Interphase Corporation (NASDAQ: INPH), a leading international supplier of next-generation networking technologies, today announced a comprehensive portfolio of AdvancedTCA® and AdvancedMC™ products. The product line covers a broad spectrum of functions, including multiple types of I/O, packet processing, security encryption and carrier blade building blocks, executing on the company’s strategy to provide its customers with a broad range of product solutions that smooth the migration from existing TDM infrastructure to packet-based networks. The Interphase AdvancedTCA and AdvancedMC portfolio serves a wide range of applications, enhancing next generation network elements.
Building on the company’s expertise of providing best of breed I/O offerings, the Interphase AdvancedTCA and AdvancedMC portfolio includes a 10 Gigabit Ethernet carrier card, network interface cards, communication processors, network processors and security processors.
“AdvancedTCA architecture is already delivering significant benefits to the telecom industry, providing a common platform for carrier grade systems, and MicroTCA will soon extend its reach into telecom, enterprise and defense industries as well,” said Simon Stanley Principal Consultant, Earlswood Marketing. “Interphase’s strong portfolio of intelligent AdvancedTCA and AdvancedMC products enables rapid OEM deployments across a broad spectrum of applications, especially emerging network platforms such as IMS and 3G.”
“Interphase is extending its leadership through this extensive line-up of new AdvancedTCA and AdvancedMC offerings to enable deployment of robust network infrastructure elements for the delivery of leading edge services,” said Greg Kalush, president and CEO of Interphase Corporation. “The adoption of AdvancedMCs not only signals a new technology insertion point for telecom OEMs, but provides an essential mechanism to gracefully extend existing networks and migrate to packet-based networks cost-effectively.”
The AdvancedTCA product portfolio includes the iNAV™ 31K, a high-performance carrier blade with 10 Gigabit fabric interface for high throughput, which is used to package up to four high performance Interphase and/or other vendors’ industry standard AdvancedMCs for a broad range of input/output, packet processing and secure processing applications like radio network controllers (RNC), media gateway (MG), WiMAX base stations, ASN gateways in the IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) network and next generation layer 2 and layer 3 routing and switching solutions.
The Interphase network interface, AdvancedMCs deliver high-throughput connectivity to host processors across the PCI Express interface for application nodes such as Serving GPRS Service Nodes (SGSN), Gateway GPRS Service Nodes (GGSN) and Home Subscriber Subsystem (HSS). These network interface AdvancedMCs include:
- SlotOptimizer™ 364G Quad Gigabit Ethernet adapter
- iSPAN™ 3676 Dual OC-3/STM-1 ATM Network Interface Adapter
The Interphase intelligent communications processor AdvancedMCs are designed to provide protocol acceleration/offload as well as support voice encapsulation in i-TDM:
- iSPAN 3639 Quad/Octal T1/E1 Controller - for use in signaling applications such as Mobile Switching Centre servers, Home Subscriber Subsystem, SGSN and media applications such as low end voice gateway and IP-PBX solutions
- iSPAN 3632 Quad Channelized OC-3/STM-1 Controller - includes support for subrate DS-0 switching in Base Station Controller and Media Gateway applications
- iSPAN 3650 Quad OC-3/single OC-12 AdvancedMC - for use in RNC, SGSN and next generation layer 2 and layer 3 routing and switching solutions for ATM or Packet over Sonet to IP interworking
- iSPAN 3651 Quad Channelized (DS-1) OC-3 AdvancedMC - with support for Multi-Link PPP and Inverse Multiplexing over ATM for use in RNC and next generation routing and switching solutions
The iSPAN 3650 and iSPAN 3651 AdvancedMCs are based on the Wintegra® WinPath2 processor and are designed to enable seamless interworking of ATM and IP network services along with bridging and routing application software and other protocol suites developed by Interphase.
This entire line of communication processor AdvancedMCs offers interworking capabilities for customers seeking to preserve investments in TDM networks and make a smooth transition to packet-based networks through support for multiple TDM interfaces combined with Gigabit Ethernet support. This serves a critical demand for gateway functionality needed in the network.
The network processor line of AdvancedMCs includes three solutions for packet processing, each using unique packet processor resources for a range of different application needs:
- iSPAN 36NP - offers dual Gigabit Ethernet packet processing on the Intel® IXP 2350. MAC layer processing and NAT support make this card ideal for WiMAX applications
- iSPAN 36WP Quad Gigabit Ethernet WinPath2 AdvancedMC - offers Ethernet layer 2 and layer 3 packet processing with support for applications including MPLS label switching, GTP-u and 3G network Iub interface for RNC, Node-B and router devices in the network
- iSPAN 36PQ - supports embedded I/O control applications with its onboard Freescale® PowerQUICC III processing engine for use as an adjunct control processor with the various I/O modules in broad range of applications such as RNC, BSC, MG and others
The Interphase security processor line of AdvancedMCs includes two solutions designed to dramatically reduce processor overhead for security processing compared to software-only solutions. Security AdvancedMC solutions respond to the need for secure devices in communications networks such as ASN Gateways, the Call State Control Function (CSCF) nodes in IMS networks, and softswitches:
- 3683 Network Flow-Through Security Processor AdvancedMC - provides in-line IPSec and IKE processing through Gigabit Ethernet interfaces.
- 3685 AdvancedMC - provides security co-processing through the PCI Express interface to a host in AdvancedTCA architectures
Interphase has performed pre-integration and testing with many of the AdvancedTCA single board computer carrier products to ensure ease of system integration for its AdvancedMC products. The AdvancedTCA product portfolio is featured in the Interphase booth (34052) and at the PICMG Pavilion (12042) at the GLOBALCOMM exhibit in Chicago, Illinois, June 5-7, 2006.
Please contact Interphase for pricing and availability of its AdvancedTCA and AdvancedMC products.
Interphase Corporation (NASDAQ: INPH) is a leading provider of robust building blocks, highly integrated subsystems and innovative gateway appliances for the converged communications network. Building on a 30-year history of providing advanced I/O solutions for telecom and enterprise applications, and addressing the need for high speed connectivity, Interphase has established a key leadership role in delivering next generation AdvancedTCA® (ATCA) and AdvancedMC™ (AMC) solutions to the marketplace. Headquartered in Plano, Texas with sales offices across the globe, Interphase clients include Alcatel, Ericsson, Fujitsu Ltd., Hewlett Packard, Lockheed Martin, Lucent Technologies, Motorola Inc., Nortel Networks Ltd. and Samsung. Additional information about Interphase and its products is available on the company’s Web site at www.interphase.com.
Interphase is an Affiliate member of the Intel® Communications Alliance. The Intel Communications Alliance is a member-based program comprised of communications and embedded developers and solution providers. Members are committed to providing a strategic supply of standards-based solutions to the communications and embedded market segments. For more information, please visit: www.intel.com/go/ica.
This press release contains forward-looking statements with respect to financial results and certain other matters. These statements are made under the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties include, without limitation, fluctuations in demand, the quality and price of similar or comparable networking products, access to sources of capital, general economic conditions in the company's market areas, and that future sales and growth rates for the industry and the company could be lower than anticipated.
Interphase, iSPAN, iNAV, SlotOptimizer and the Interphase logo are registered trademarks of Interphase Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.