iSPAN® 5539 PCI T1/E1 Multiprotocol Controller - End of Life (EOL)
Quad Port PCI Board for Signaling Applications
THIS PRODUCT IS END OF LIFE. LAST TIME BUY DATE IS 1/31/2012.
- THIS PRODUCT IS END OF LIFE. LAST TIME BUY DATE IS 1/31/2013.
- Freescale™ MPC8280 (HiP7) (PowerQUICC II™) on-board processor @450 MHz
- Four individually software selectable T1/E1/J1 interfaces
- Fast Ethernet port for management and data traffic
- High bandwidth PCI host connectivity
- On-board support for multiple network protocols and interworkings:
• SS7 (MTP1 & MTP2)
• Frame Relay
- Pre-integrated protocol stacks available using Interphase lower layers and various 3rd party upper layer stacks
- Custom development services
also available via the Interphase
Professional Services Group
SPAN 5539 PCI T1/E1/J1 communications controller from Interphase delivers a comprehensive high capacity connectivity solution for use with PCI enabled rack-mount server solutions to deliver a wide range of Voice Over IP, Wireless and IP Multi-Media Subsystem (IMS) infrastructure application elements
Performance and Capacity
With 4 T1/E1/J1 interfaces the i
SPAN 5539 provides a high capacity solution for signaling applications and enables optimization of slot usage within the server. With a high performance PCI interface to the host the i
SPAN 5539 is a line card that can be used with new high-performance servers to meet the requirements of advanced signaling applications in the network.
Powerful Solution Architecture
SPAN 5539 incorporates the Freescale PowerQUICC-II communications controller to deliver high performance and high capacity processing of signaling traffic. With the inclusion of the higher performance processor this board and the availability of the industry proven lower layer protocol stacks from Interphase, this board can be used as a drop in replacement for the i
SPAN 5539F PCI solution for applications that demand a performance boost with the user of higher performance server solutions.